Builders Insurance Quotes 

Are you looking for Builders Insurance?  
Trying to find an insurance policy that covers your business and interests correctly can be a daunting task. We provide insurance from a wide range of industry specialists and tailor them to your specific requirements.  
We can insure all types of trades, whether you are a sole trader, partnership or limited company. Often standard policies will only cover the most basic services and leave you without cover for much of what you do. 
We can help you find a policy with the covers you require.  
Our dedicated and qualified staff take the time to get to know you and your business to try and find the best cover from the most reputable insurers and in most cases can offer a site visit to take your information and in addition to this we can offer health and safety advice and risk management information. 
We remain your sole contact throughout the term of your contract and we are actively involved in dealing with and resolving complaints before they lead to claims against you as well as always being on hand to assist with any mid term adjustments and changes you may need to make as and when they occur. 
Town & Country are a national brokerage remaining local in our working practices.  
Our aim is to understand our clients insurance requirements, the needs of the sector, take time to listen and deliver the right cover at the right price. 
For a free no obligation quote simply provide your contact details below or give us a call now on (01769) 572557 and talk to one of our specialist advisers. 
Expert Advice  
Over 80 Years Experience  
Get Your Business Insurance Quote 
Simply fill out the form below and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

Builders Insurance Information 

As a builder or a contractor, your main priorities in regards to insurance is going to be to ensure you have your public and employment liabilities insurance sorted. Other than that there may well be a few other insurances that you will require, but each builder and contractor are different in size and in how they operate. What we recommend is to give our offices a call and speak to a qualified insurance specialist. 
We will be able to ask you the right questions about your operation and assess your risk according to scale and without assumption. Something you are not going to get by using an online provider which could see you out of pocket should you not be covered appropriately. 
We will assess your risk and then approach our pool of insurers and cherry pick the very best options for you, this way you end up with the very cheapest rate and high-quality cover. 
Public liability insurance covers compensation you have to pay a client, contractor or member of the public due to accidental injury or property damage as a result of a negligent act. This could be something that happened at your business premises such as a client slipping on a wet floor, or something outside your workplace such as an employee spilling coffee over a client’s computer when visiting their office. 
Public liability insurance will provide your business with important protection if you: 
Deal with the public 
Have clients visiting your home office or business premises 
If you or an employee visit your clients’ offices/homes or premises 
This section covers your legal liability arising out of accidental injury to members of the public or accidental loss of or damage to their property resulting directly from the business within the Territorial Limits during the period of insurance (including claimants’ costs and expenses) Legal defence costs in defending a claim are also insured, subject to insurers agreement. 
The minimum Limit of Indemnity provided for Public Liability tends to be £1,000,000 for any one event. There is an option to increase to £2,000,000 or £5,000,000 for most trades. 
Territorial Limits: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, and often any member country of the European Union 
Standard Exclusions You May Expect: 
Liability arising from work in or on or in connection with; docks, harbours or railways, watercraft or offshore, gas or oil installations, chemical or petrochemical works, oil or gas refineries or storage facilities, aircraft, airports or airfields, collieries, mines or quarries, power stations and any installation where nuclear processing is undertaken. 
Arising from lopping, topping or felling of trees 
Arising from work or visits offshore 
for damage to property in your custody or control or being worked upon 
from design or advice is given for a fee 
For costs incurred in recalling, repairing or replacing any product or of rectifying defective workmanship 
For gradual pollution or contamination 
Arising from removal, handling or disposing of asbestos 
Arising from professional advice and treatment 
For the first sum of every Third Party Property Damage claim (likely £250) 
Conditions and Precautions Applying: 
Heat Equipment Precautions 
Bitumastic Products Precautions 
Flammable Solvents Precautions 
Underground Services Precautions 
As an employer you are responsible for the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work. If they suffer an accident in the workplace such as tripping over a computer cable or claim any physical or mental illness brought on by work, they could bring a claim against you for compensation. 
It is a legal requirement in the UK if you employ staff, to have a minimum of £5 million of employers’ liability cover, insurers tend to write a £10,000,000 indemnity limit. 
Legal fees are included in the cover, such as the cost of paying a solicitor to defend you in court. 
Territorial Limits: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, and any member country of the European Union 
Liability arising from work in or on or in connection with: 
docks, harbours or railways 
watercraft or offshore, gas or oil installations 
chemical or petrochemical works, oil or gas refineries or storage facilities 
aircraft, airports or airfields 
collieries, mines or quarries 
power stations 
any installation where nuclear processing is undertaken 
Lopping, topping or felling of trees 
Work or visits offshore 
Removal, handling or disposing of asbestos 
Injury involving motor vehicles in circumstances where motor insurance is required by law 
Town & Country work with many insurers, we have excellent working relationships with all our markets and can achieve rates and cover levels our colleagues in the industry find it difficult to replicate. 
We would welcome the opportunity to provide you with an insurance quotation when required, we are confident that you will be happy with the level of service as well as the cover and premiums that become available to you. 

Frequently Asked Questions 

Read some our our most frequently asked questions about our insurance policies. 
Our policies are designed to cover the risks you face whilst trading, protecting assets such as buildings and content on an 'all risks' basis, we can extend to cover non-standard risks as well as traditional or standard properties, the policy extends to include protecting your trading income following such losses as well as your liabilities to members of the public or of course those you are liable for as an employer. 
Options exist to prepay the year, at inception of cover or to spread the costs over a number of monthly instalments, subject to a small surchage madevia the renowned insurance financer Clos Bros Premium Finance who assist our clients fund the monthly direct debit facilities. 
When considering claiming our first suggestion is always to speak with us, discuss the circumstance of the loss and we can then assist you in preseting the loss fully to the underwriters, so it can be administered and settled as quickly as possible, if the loss is substantial we will negoiate the attendance of a loss adjuster to work through the claim with you and get you speedily reinstated, if the loss is a liability one (public or employers) we would urge you to speak with us as quickly as possible post incident or on notification as early collection of data is key to any defence or explanation 
Why Town & Country? Well we like to think thats a pretty simple answer, we believe we are the best, the best in extracting the right information and working with you at the outset so the policies are correctly and competitively underwritten, then the same staff member handles your case building a rapprt and relationship with you dealing with any amendments you might need and handling any claims and before taking updated iinformation to secure appropriate renewal terms. Ours is a crade to grave all encompassing solution to your businesses insurance requirements, we act like one of your own staff or team members and pride ourselves on a service that has kept us doing just what we are doing for over 80 years 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings