Household Insurance Quotes 

Are you looking for Home insurance? Trying to find an insurance policy that covers your interests correctly can be a daunting task. We provide insurance from a wide range of industry specialists and tailor them to your specific requirements. We can provide no obligation household insurance quotes from multiple insurers, standard or non-standard policies. Buildings and contents, all risks and accidental damage cover available. 
Every home is unique and standard household policies will only cover low risk homes. It will be written into the small print that if the property is located near a river, has a thatched roof, or is in a high theft risk location, then the cover is void and will not apply in the case of a claim. We understand that every home is different and we take the time to understand your situation and find the policy that will provide you with the cover you need.  
We remain your sole contact throughout the term of your contract and we are actively involved in dealing with and resolving complaints before they lead to claims against you as well as always being on hand to assist with any mid term adjustments and changes you may need to make as and when they occur. 
Town & Country are a national brokerage remaining local in our working practices. Our aim is to understand our clients insurance requirements taking into account the needs of the sector and we take the time to listen to you and deliver the right cover at the right price. 
For a free no obligation quote simply provide your contact details below or give us a call now on (01769) 572557 and talk to one of our specialist advisers. 

Insurance Quote Details 

Household Insurance Information 

What is buildings and contents insurance? 
Buildings and contents insurance is placed under the bracket of home insurance. It is a combined insurance that will cover or replace any damage that might occur to the house or its contents, including loss. It is essential for all mortgaged houses, and the majority of other homeowners who do not have a mortgage will also have this type of insurance. It is possible to get the two insurances separately, although you will find that most providers offer them as a combined cover. 
Buildings insurance 
This insurance covers your house in case of a disaster where your house is so badly damaged that it needs to be completely rebuilt. The event which caused the damage must have been completely beyond your control, for example storm or flood damage, a major fire, smoke or explosions, water leakage/burst pipes, subsidence, or third party vandalism or damage etc. Mortgage providers will insist that you take out this cover, as it means they will be able to recover their losses in such events. It is like a type of security or collateral for the loan that they have given to you. 
Contents insurance 
This covers all items in your house which are not fixed to the property, for example your furniture, jewellery, appliances and clothing. Most of the available contents insurance policies will even cover things like the contents of your refrigerator and freezer! The cheapest type is indemnity insurance. This cover will replace exactly what was there before, so if you claim for a washing machine that was already three years old, you will be given a replacement washing machine that is three years old. The more expensive "new for old" option will give you a brand new replacement of whatever gets damaged or stolen, thus you would get a brand new washing machine. Contents insurance will cover you in most of the same situations as buildings insurance, but also includes theft. Again, any of these perils must have been beyond your control. 
Why do I need this type of insurance? 
Some mortgage suppliers will make this type of insurance compulsory when you take out a mortgage with them, to cover their loan. Otherwise, this insurance is highly recommended to protect you against unforeseen circumstances. Virtually every home in the country will have this type of insurance just for that reason, and it could end up proving to be very costly if you do not take the cover out. 
Unlimited cover 
This will mean that you get an automatic pay out if any damage occurs to your home, or automatic replacement of any of your furniture etc. The cost of the damage will not be a factor that is taken into consideration, and all pay outs will be made. However, the type of damage that occurs to your house will greatly affect whether or not you receive a pay out. Most buildings and contents insurance policies will only cover the following events: 
Storm or flood 
Lightning or explosion 
Falling trees or branches 
Subsidence, drag or landslip 
Breakage of glass or sanitary fittings 
Damage from escaped water or oil 
Shock caused to the house by animals, vehicles or aircraft 
With buildings insurance, most structural fixtures within your house/property will be covered, ensuring they will be repaired if necessary, or rebuilt if they are beyond repair. 
These include: 
The structure of your house, e.g. walls, ceilings and the roof 
Gates, fences, hedges and footpaths that all lie within the boundaries of your property 
Permanent fixtures and fittings within the house, such as the kitchen, any fitted wardrobes 
Decoration within your house, for example wallpaper and paint 
Pipes and cables 
With contents insurance, standard cover will only apply to certain items in your house. 
Typical types of insurance offered are: 
Money within your house 
Losses on stolen credit cards 
Office equipment kept in the house 
Having new locks fitted if these are broken or damaged, or if keys are lost 
Replacement mirrors or glass broken by accident or through vandalism, full cost covered 
Damage or theft of deeds and other documents within the house 
Loss of metered water 
Damage or theft of satellite equipment 
Contents of your freezer 
Optional extras that you can add to your cover 
As well as the most basic cover, there are a number of optional extras, available for an additional price: 
Accidental building damage – This includes damage which you cause to the house, for example whilst doing DIY. 
Accidental contents damage – If you cause damage to any of the contents of your house by accident. 
Personal belongings – This will cover personal belongings, such as iPods, computers etc, regardless of whether they are stolen or damaged in the house. 
Home emergency – If an emergency, such as a burst pipe, occurs within the house, this type of cover will provide you with a tradesman that you can call out for free. It is usually 24 hour cover, and will generally only cover you for a certain amount of work, on average up to £250 (including call-out charge, materials and labour). 
Legal expenses - Some buildings and contents insurance will also cover you if an accident occurs within your house or on your property, and another person is hurt. This legal liability, although rarely needed, could cover you in situations where people will sue if the accident was caused by something or someone within the house. 
Home Insurance Quotes
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings