Gun Shop Insurance Quotes 

Are you looking for insurance for your Gun Shop? Trying to find an insurance policy that covers your business and interests correctly can be a daunting task. We provide insurance from a wide range of industry specialists and tailor them to your specific requirements. Gun Shops should not necessarily sit on the same shop wording as a Sweet Shop or Florist. You need insurance that recognises your business description and accommodates the abnormalities of the profession. 
We can help you find a policy with the covers you require. We can cover Service of Guns, Alteration, Loan, Hire, Storage of Items and we can even look at Tuition. Our dedicated and qualified staff take the time to get to know you and your business to try and find the best cover from the most reputable insurers and in most cases can offer a site visit to take your information and in addition to this we can offer health and safety advice and risk management information. We remain your sole contact throughout the term of your contract and we are actively involved in dealing with and resolving complaints before they lead to claims against you as well as always being on hand to assist with any mid term adjustments and changes you may need to make as and when they occur. 
Town & Country are a national brokerage remaining local in our working practices. Our aim is to understand our clients insurance requirements taking into account the needs of the sector and we take the time to listen to you and deliver the right cover at the right price. We are confident that you will be happy with the level of service as well as the cover and premiums that become available to you. 
For a free no obligation quote simply provide your contact details below or give us a call now on (01769) 572557 and talk to one of our specialist advisers. 

Insurance Quote Details 

Gun Shop Insurance Information 

We can offer a specialist policy from any one of a number of insurers, no two shops are ever the same, so no two insurances should ever be the same either. We do not try to make you fit onto one policy, we have a range of insurers and will negotiate with them for a best fit and price tailored to your needs. 
Our policy may include any or all of the following: 
Full ‘All Risks’ cover for loss of or damage to your stock, goods held in trust and all other contents on your premises 
£250 claims excess 
Portable items and business equipment can also be covered away from your premises, anywhere in the EC 
Possible increase in your cover for Stock for any three months of each year 
Possible cover for property temporarily removed to other premises including outworkers, repairers and other sub contractors (limit 15% of the stock and goods in trust sum insured) 
Possible Full ‘All Risks’ cover for damage to buildings, including landlord's fixtures and fittings 
£250 claims excess 
Subsidence cover usually available, subject to £1,000 claims excess 
Cover automatically includes costs and expenses incurred following a loss in 
removing debris 
paying architects' fees 
complying with EC legislation or local authority requirements 
Breakage of all internal and external glass 
Including damage to window and door frames (limit £2,000) 
Including the cost of boarding up if necessary 
Including damage to sanitary fittings 
Goods in Transit 
Loss or damage to your property or property for which you are responsible whilst in the course of transit anywhere within the UK and European Community, either in your own vehicle(s) or by carriers 
Deterioration of Stock 
Loss of frozen or refrigerated stock due to failure of the power supply, breakdown of the appliance in which it is stored or the action of refrigerant fumes 
Business Interruption 
Loss of gross profit and reasonable additional expenditure incurred to maintain your business for a specified period (usually 1, 2 or 3 years) following damage by any cause insured by the Contents or Buildings section. 
Money and Personal Injury (Assault ) 
Loss of cash, crossed cheques, crossed postal or money orders, credit card sales vouchers, National Insurance Cards and other non-negotiable instruments: 
In Transit 
On your premises during business hours 
On your premises outside of business hours in a locked safe or strongroom 
On your premises outside of business hours but not in a safe 
In the private dwelling of a director, partner or other authorised employee 
Personal Injury (Assault) 
Death or disablement of employer or employees aged between 16 and 65 caused by injury sustained as a result of actual or attempted physical assault, robbery or hold-up. This section has the following benefits: 
Death and permanent injury (capital sum benefit paid) 
Temporary total injury (weekly benefit paid) 
Temporary partial injury (weekly benefit paid) 
Incurred medical expenses benefit 
Employers' Liability 
Covers your legal liability to employees for bodily injury or disease caused in the course of their employment by you. Cover includes associated legal costs and expenses. 
Public and Products Liability 
Covers your legal liability for injury to the public or loss or damage to their property. 
Cover can also apply to claims for injury caused by products which you have sold or supplied. 
Commercial Legal Expenses 
This section can provide cover of £50,000 or £100,000 in connection with statutory licence disputes (including RFD certificate). 
Option to include: 
Employment costs and awards 
Data protection 
Criminal prosecution 
Property disputes 
Personal injury 
VAT and tax investigations 
Loss adjusters fees 
Jury Service benefit (limit £100 per day, maximum £1,000) 
£250 claims excess (not applicable to Jury Service benefit section). 
Terrorism Exclusion 
There is no cover whatsoever under this policy for loss or damage caused by an act of Terrorism. Cover for loss or damage caused by acts of Terrorism for risks located in England, Scotland or Wales is usually available for an additional premium. 
Unless we tell you otherwise the cover we offer you and the premium we charge assume that your premises is/are of standard construction (i.e. non-combustible, such as brick or stone walls, concrete floors and staircases and a slate or tiled roof), well maintained and in particular, the doors, door frames and window frames are in good condition. 
Security on the premises 
The provision of theft cover is dependent on minimum security measures which must be operative overnight and when the premises are unoccupied. The minimum standards of security are written into the policy wording and are as follows:- 
Final exit doors must be secured as follows: 
Timber doors - by mortice deadlocks having five or more levers or conforming to BS3621 fitted in conjunction with 7" box steel striking plates 
aluminium doors - by cylinder mortice lock operating a swinging lock bolt 
PVCU doors - by key operated multi-point locking devices 
the first closing leaf of double leaf doors must be fitted internally with bolts top and bottom 
All other external doors and internal doors leading to common areas or other premises, must be secured by the means set out in above or by key operated security bolts fitted top and bottom. All accessible windows be fitted with grilles or shutters AND/OR fitted with key operated window locks or fixed permanently shut. Any security measure stipulated or agreed in writing by the insurers. Any door or window officially designated a fire exit by the Fire Authority is excluded from these requirements. 
In the majority of cases, an intruder alarm will also be a requirement of the policy. Unless we specify otherwise the alarm must be installed and maintained by a NACOSS approved security company and connected to a central monitoring station incorporating BT RedCare line monitoring. (NACOSS is the National Approval Council for Security Systems). 
Further security measures may be required or recommended if the insurance company carries out a survey, which will be at the discretion of the insurers. 
Don't buy ordinary general insurance policies when you are a specific risk. There are policies out there that have been written specifically for Gun Shop owners or Sporting Shops, these have the relevant extensions in cover for unique occurrences within your trade:- 
Specialist Gun Shop Insurance may include: 
Service of Guns 
Storage of Items 
we can even look at Tuition........ 
Purchasing without discussing your requirement could leave you exposed to buying a policy without the relevant extensions you require and ultimately leaving you without relevant covers when presenting a claim. 
Get A Gun Shop Insurance Quote gun shop insurance quotation
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings